MILITARY PERSONNEL / QUALITY OF LIFE
Mr. Donald G. Salo, Jr.
Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army - Military Personnel / Quality of Life
Provide policy, supervision, and oversight of military human resource programs for the Total Force, human resources system for Army Families, and all Quality of Life matters.
- Advise the ASA (M&RA) on all matters relating to Military HR
- Supervise current and future personnel readiness of the Army through the development and integration of human resource policies and programs
- Provide oversight and supervision of Quality of Life policies, programs, services, and resourcing in support of Soldiers, Civilians, and their Families
- Develop and provide military human resource policies, programming, and oversight
- Develop and oversee interment/inurnment policy at Arlington National Cemetery. Provide policy and oversight for military burial honors; casualty, mortuary, and memorial affairs; and POW/MIA accountability
- Act as liaison and senior advisor to the Army Budget Office and legislative affairs for all military personnel matters relating to manpower, human resources, and Reserve affairs
- Co-chair the MWR Board of Directors (BoD); serve on the BoD for AAFES, DeCA, and MWR
- Serve as senior Army representative on Transition Assistance Program, Senior Steering Group, and the Services and Infrastructure Core Enterprises
- Provide oversight of the Army Congressional Fellowship Program
- Manpower and Force Management Career Program (CP26)